My research focuses on developing fundamental theoretical understandings of current telecommunication systems and lies on the frontier of communication theory, information theory, signal processing, and optical communications. To see current and past research projects, click on Research. To see a complete list with my publications, click on “Publications” in the menu above. To see videos of previous talks, click on Media.
Potential Students: I am always looking for strong and motivated MSc and PhD students. I currently have PhD and postdoc positions available (more details here). If interested, send me an email with your CV and a short motivation letter.
MSc Graduation Projects (TU/e Students only):
- Interested in mixing information theory and GPUs used for gaming (for example, the new NVIDIA Titan X)? Send me an email or see http://www.sps.tue.nl/ictlab/vacancy/est_itq_gpu/
- Do you want to help prevent prevent power outages using digital signal processing? See the following http://www.sps.tue.nl/ictlab/vacancy/noise_cables/
- Are you interested in using machine learning/artificial intelligence/deep learning to
solve communication problems in nonlinear fiber optics? Send me an email…
Visiting Students: We have a limited number of places for visiting PhD students (normally for 2-6 months). We cannot offer financial support, but we provide access to all University facilities, office space, computing resources, etc. If in doubt, get in touch via email.
Potential Potstdoctoral Researchers: Funding opportunities will be posted here. Prestigious personal fellowships are listed below. If you are interested in applying to one of these fellowship at TU/e, do get in touch to discuss it further.
- European or Global Fellowships as part of Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions (deadline Sep. 2018).
- Innovational Research Incentives Scheme VENI funded by NWO (deadline Jan. 2018).
2,079 total views, 4 views today