- 2015: Invited Talk, “Coding and Modulation for Optical Communication Systems,” presented at the 2015 Canadian Workshop on Information Theory, St. John’s, Canada, July 2015.
- 2014: Invited Talk, “On soft FEC for optical channels: is the “FEC limit” a good predictor of post-FEC BER?,” presented at the Munich Workshop on Information Theory of Optical Fiber, Institute for Communications Engineering, Technische Universität München, Germany, Dec. 2014.
- 2012: Invited Talk, “Wireless Communications: A technology we can no longer live without,” presented at the “McMenemy Seminars,” Trinity Hall, University of Cambridge, UK, May 2012.
- 2010–2012: Tutorial, “Bit-Interleaved Coded Modulation: Fundamentals, Analysis, and Design,” presented at the IEEE International Conference on Communication Systems 2010, Singapore, Nov. 2010, at the 24th Annual Canadian Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, May 2011, at the European Wireless Conference, Poznan, Poland, April 2012.
- 2011: Invited Talk, “On the BICM Capacity in the High SNR Regime,” presented at the Wireless Communications Symposium 2011, UTFSM, Valparaíso, Chile, Dec. 2011
- 2010: Invited Talk, “UEP in BICM: Interleaver and code design,” presented at the Fifth IEEE Workshop on Advanced Information Processing for Wireless Communication Systems, Nokia Denmark, Copenhagen, Denmark, Oct. 2010.
- 2010: Invited Talk, “Towards a fully optimized BICM-ID using Multiple Interleavers,” presented at the Newcom++ 2010 Winter School on Iterative Techniques in Wireless Communications, Aalborg, Denmark, Feb. 2010.
- 2009: Invited Talk, “Unequal Error Protection in BICM with QAM Constellations: Interleaver and Code Design,” presented at the Symposium on Wireless Technologies, Santiago, Chile, Jan. 2009.
2,341 total views, 1 views today